Tuesday, September 23, 2008

grateful

Tonight at Young Women's we planned our activity around "modesty". After a silly fashion show and then a great highlight of an Ensign article by Elder Hales, we had "Supe" come and talk to us on a return missionary's perspective on modesty. Saying it was beyond great does not do justice for the job he did. He brought 3 females and spoke about the impact they have had on his life by always being modest. As a female I was inspired. As a mother I was overcome by gratitude. When I looked at my daughter and recognized the effort she puts into being modest I again felt grateful. As I looked at our Young Women assembled and knew they too work hard at being attractive first in the eyes of the Lord and then in the mirror and last in the eyes of the world, I again felt blown away with thanks for their influence and example. To see the blessings of happiness come to my daughter as she makes good choices is the greatest paycheck of motherhood. I almost feel like singing, I am so lifted. I do recognize the difference of being touched in the heart and being touched in the head so I will not break out in song or dance but I will say, I love my life. Being a grandmother is fulfilling, fun, and frantic. Being a mother is daunting, at times defeating, but mostly delightful. Evolving from a self centered person to someone who recognizes where all good comes from is inspiring. Being grateful stumps me when I see how many people aren't. So, what are you grateful for? Nicole, firemen? Rickell, sleep? Megan, children with a mastery of correct anatomy? Bob, me misplacing the debit card? Anyone else...?

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm not sure that children with a mastery of anatomy terms is a blessing to be grateful for...if only it were just their brains that I got to hear about!...

Anonymous said...

Nicole and firemen? What is this? For the record, Dan and I never dated.

Unknown said...

Marcie your such a goof :)